Sunday, February 20, 2011

El Quijote & D Bar in Chelsea

Another weekend into the city!! Two in a row! Yes! We are on a roll.

Once again 25 mile per hour winds! The picture on our wall on the 27th floor blew off the wall! Holy Moly! When I step outside and have to walk against the wind I feel like my feet our moving but I am standing in one spot still! So Saturday during the day was pretty much a bust, though got to clean and do some chores. One thing I learned from living in the city is there is just so much dust all the time in the apartment. Even if the window is closed there is dust .... lots of dust! Where does it all this dust come from!

Saturday night was made for parties! We met up with family to celebrate my brother in laws birthday and of course we met up at one of our families favorite to dine "El Quijote" I believe I have mentioned this before but this place is a must if you love Lobster! I have been going here for 28 years and ordering the "Daily Double" Lobster special (broiled - you must get it broiled - delicious stuffing) When I first went there when I was 19 years old the Daily double - Two 1 1/4 lb lobsters was only costing 17.95. Today it sells for 34.95 and I still feel it is a bargain.
http://www.elquijoterestaurant.com/
226 West 23rd Street, Chelsea, NY , NY - Below the Historic Chelsea Hotel





After we headed out to a place my brother in law picked to have more drinks and listen to piano music, but that did not work out when the 6 of us couldn't even fit into the place to get a drink. Right near by we came upon a cute, romantic, cozy bar called "D Bar" , so we wandered in and ordered some great different mix of drinks they have on the menu. We enjoyed it there so much we closed down the place. Drinks are pricey, but different and fun. High energy music is playing, but low enough that you can still have conversation.

http://nymag.com/listings/bar/dbar/
Dbar (263 W. 19th Street; 212-493-5150)

No comments:

Post a Comment