Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dining out during my painful days in NYC - November 2011


November 5 - El Quijote - Chelsea -http://www.elquijoterestaurant.com/ it was somewhat appropriate to come here when my pain was getting less, since this was the last place I was able to go after I hurt myself. I was excited to get back and they have booths for dining so easy on the back. As for what I think of El Quijote see my previous post ....http://debsnewyorkcity.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-favorite-nyc-restaurant-for-last-29.html Two must orders at El Quijote would be the Lobster daily double broiled (the best I ever had) and the Santiago Margarita straight up!


November 6th - HK Hell's Kitchen - www.hkhellskitchen.com This place is starting to become my favorite close to home place. I just love that they have "Happy Hour" 7 days a week and they have the yummiest cocktail menu!! Definitely try the Chocolate Martini. And this is a must place for brunch with an "ALL you can drink" option (Mimosa, bloody mary's, Bellini's and Champagne) and though its hard to get a table and a wait on weekend for brunch you can pay for your "All you can drink" option at the bar while you wait.


November 12th - East of Eighth - Chelsea - http://eastofeighthny.com/Went here over 10 years ago and not sure why I wanted this long to go back. Decided during this painful period in my life, 23rd street is an easy place to park on a Saturday night so we headed over early for the 7pm parking time. The restaurant area is upstairs though but my pain has not been as intense so walking the steps was not to bad. I highly recommend what I ordered "The Lobster pot pie"

November 26th - Dos Caminos Park - Flatiron district
http://www.doscaminos.com/
A couple of years ago I had Brunch at the Dos Caminos in Soho which was not a good experience. When I arrived at the their other location on Park Avenue my first impression was the decor which I really loved. Tin lanterns in all different sizes hanging from the ceiling.
It had a Mexico romantic flair. We started off with the Guacamole sampler which I definitely recommend getting. Each of the three were delicious. We really enjoyed our entrees which were made to perfection and served gourmet style on the dish. And I definitely approve of the Cadillac margarita! I will go back if I am in the neighborhood! Or in another neighborhood where they happen to have another one of their restaurants. (picture of my scallop entree)

1 comment:

  1. I remember El Quijote from more years ago than I care to admit. There sure were some interesting people hanging out there is those days.

    ReplyDelete