Thursday, November 11, 2010

Korean Way...and why that block has sentimental meaning to me


This past weekend I went to Korean Way, located on 32nd Street between 5th and Broadway . From 1984 to 1990 I worked at 6 West 32nd Street between 5th and Broadway. No it was not Korean way in the 80's though there was a hotel across the street that seemed to cater to Asian clientele and at corner of Bway and 32nd there was a restaurant serving Sushi (not as popular in the 80's yet)

Well this past weekend I went back there to try Korean food for the first time (and most likely my LAST time) and see my old work block and 6 West 32nd Street. I worked on the 12 A floor, I guess who ever owned the building was superstitious and could not bring themselves to call it what it was 13. The company I worked for "Austern & Paul" manufacturer of fine jewelry. Now this building is a hotel.


I did not like the Korean food, thought I am glad I experienced it. I can not review the restaurant I went too, because I do not think it would be fair since I had no idea what I was eating and did not really enjoy what I was eating.


One last word, if it was not for 32nd street, I would never have had my wonderful son Ryan. I met my ex husband there on 32nd Street at Austern and Paul. My son is my world and I thank that street which is now called "Korean Way"!


No comments:

Post a Comment